By continuing to use this website, you agree to our use of cookies for visitor analytics. More Info I understand

Asbestos found after fire at The Bell Inn Bideford

Asbestos debris have been found after a fire at The Bell Inn.

A senior firefighter has revealed the cause of a powerful blaze which has left a popular North Devon pub in tatters.

Neil Blackburn, area manager of Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, said an investigation into the cause of the blaze at the Bell Inn at Parkham had identified a central chimney as the probable starting point of the fire.